PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Performs the necessary research & development responsibilities.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct necessary research and recommend new innovative products by keeping up with relevant food trends.
- Generate new concepts and recipes.
- Conduct consumer behaviour research regarding new trends.
Control and Improvement:
- Monitor product quality with taste tests (pasta, bread, instant porridge etc).
- Modify and improve existing recipes.
- Assist with shelf-life testing and sample collection for analysis.
- Maintain the integrity of the lab library of new samples.
- Communicate with suppliers on new raw materials needed as well as necessary documentation.
- Keep clear, complete reports on all test results.
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with QC department on quality of new products.
- Evaluate product labels according to local and international regulations.
- Ensure adherence to food safety procedures.
- Learning/Self-improvement with various product development methods.
- Documentation control and assistance with QA.
- Liaise with other departments throughout the product development process.
- Assist with artwork and packaging design.
- Execute recipes developed in R&D Department.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (NQF 7) (Consumer Science/Food Technology/Food Science) with 6 months relevant experience.
- Relevant Advanced Diploma (NQF 6) with 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Sensory Evaluation and data analysis thereof
- Experience in Product Development.
- Knowledge of Food Extrusion.
- Experience or background of ISO, HACCP, Food Safety.
- Baking Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate with good command of Excel, Word and Email.
- Proficient in English.
- Namibian Citizenship / eligible for Namibian Citizenship.
CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE FORWARDED TO: E-mail: email@example.com (not larger than 2MB)
– Subject line for applications should be: NMOPSR&D160222 – Product Developer
– Only applications with this subject line will be considered. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS
Leave A Comment