The primary function of this position is to ensure the effective quoting and procurement of goods and services, the processing of invoices according to budget and the management of the stock, in order to provide professional services to stakeholders in accordance with the Research, Science and Technology Act, 2004 (Act No 23 of 2004)
- Obtain the required quotations for all corporate office supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Allocate correct account codes to the relevant goods and services ordered.
- Complete requisitions for all purchases and submits to supervisor for approval and ordering.
- Record all purchase orders sequentially in a register.
- Negotiate cash discounts on procurement of goods and services
- Arrange credit applications for all company procurements.
- Manage ordered stock and checks to ensure the correct quantity and quality,
- Report and follow up on discrepancies with regard to deliveries.
- Provide supervisor with procurement related information for the compilation of the quarterly reports
- Ensures that all aspects procured are adequately insured
- Handles insurance claims
- Manage and verify invoices for goods and services delivered for corporate office.
- Convert approved purchase orders into invoices on the system.
- Arrange credit notes and check that they are in line with computerised information.
- Reconcile all invoices to purchase orders and other supporting documents and submit them for payment.
- Compile internal tender committee meeting agendas and invites tender committee members for meetings.
- Responsible for taking and typing internal tender committee minutes and distribute them to relevant parties.
- Participate into the preliminary evaluation of internal tenders to provide secretariat support.
- Manage computerised supplier master list on a regular basis.
- Develop correspondence and file office correspondence.
- Attend to all procurement related enquiries from internal and external customers.
- Co-ordinate the annual stock- take.
- Performs asset verification across all offices and sites once a year
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 [NQF 3] plus Certificate in accounting, or economics or logistics.
- Three (3) years working experience in a purchasing or procurement environment.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Financial management, communication skills and computer literacy.
- Must be very flexible, trustworthy, objective and have an independent mind-set
- Intermediate computer literate skills (MS Office Package).
- Good written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity, numerical and a meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent report writing and organizing ability.
- Must be assertive.
- Must have an exceptional level of stakeholder engagement, good networking skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a permanent position with an employment agreement.
- NCRST is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, with certified supporting documents can be submitted as follows:
Leave A Comment