PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To oversee units of production such as pasteurization, homogenization, sterilization including freezing and storage of products. Attend to the primary process of milk, by-products, cream and juices and process according to recipes, set standards and work instructions, while adhering to Health & Safety and Hygiene principles. Adhere to Good manufacturing practices and ISO & Food safety standards to execute the production plan effectively and efficiently by communicating and executing production schedules, commit to continuously improving the current process, and give feedback on challenges, monitoring quality standards and ensure correct completion of documents while focusing on reducing waste. Ensure strict adherence to procedures to ensure product quality consistency and shelf life.
To lead the production team to execute the production plan effectively and efficiently by designing and communicating production schedules that aligns supply and downstream, monitoring quality standards in production and the overall supervision of production lines, including manpower, overtime and leave plans, to ensure that production targets are achieved in line with Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO Standards.
- Inspect machinery and equipment before start-up and record results on production sheet.
- Inspect silos and holding/mixing tanks and verify that CIP has been performed and record information.
- Check that all flow meters are on Zero before pasteurization
- Record temperatures of pasteurizer on production sheet and start the production process
- Administer that the pasteurization process runs smooth and effectively
- Check that silos do not run empty or tanks overflow
- Take samples of butter fat to the lab for testing and record results
- Adjust homogenizer to optimal pressure for milk and by-products
- Accurately record pasteurization records on the production sheet and issue to Team Leader Processing
- Conduct Evaluation of ingredients as per schedule
- Assist NPD with new product development with recipe conception, measuring and evaluation
- Assist NPD with the improvement of the recipes with alternative raw materials including plant -based
- Assist NPD with recipe improvements and enhancements
- Check that batches of cream are not mixed (new cream on top of old cream) based on FIFO principles.
- Monitor the Production Cooler and ensure recon takes place to avoid raw material write off.
- Take samples to laboratory for chemical and micro testing
- Take samples as required by sampling plan or requested by laboratory
- Clearly mark samples as per procedure
- Conduct sensory test on the products before filling
- Record all CIP/COP records on production sheet and issue to Team Leader processing
- Record all pasteurizing records and ensure that they are signed off by Team Leader Processing
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- B.SC. AGRICULTURE (FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY) Hons;
- A minimum of 1 year working experience as pasteurizer operator in a Production Plant.
PREFERRED / ADVANTAGEOUS:
- FMCG-specific experience.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Assertive communication
- Planning and organizing
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Pro-active Thinking
Closing Date: 16 December 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: