Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Plant Hand.
The incumbent will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Performs pre-start checks for abnormalities on equipment and assist Process Operator by physically checking whether plant is functioning after starting and stopping of treatment plants.
- Keeps Process Operator informed on physical condition of the operational treatment plant, through continuous running inspections of the various pieces of equipment for anomalies.
- Executing cleaning and maintenance functions in the plant as instructed by the MPS, Process Controller or the Process Operator.
- Implements appropriate action to the occurrence of critical parameter anomalies in the treatment plant, and provide feedback on the status of the situation as directed by supervisor
- Conducting scheduled efficiency tests with the Process Operator, as directed by Process Controller, on the various sections of the plant, and record the relevant equipment measurements as required by test procedures.
- Inspecting, replacing and adding of plant consumables to ensure effective operation of the treatment plant.
- Removing waste where necessary to ensure that treatment plant and all of its equipment is kept clean.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 pass with Mathematics and Science
- Processing plant experience
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to:
Closing Date: 08 July 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act. firmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assess-ment and screening.