Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Plant Fitter. The primary role of this position is to carry out inspections, repairs and maintenance work on the vessel.
The incumbent will be required to spend 28 days at sea followed by 28 days ashore and will be required to undertake the following activities:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Carries out repairs and service maintenance work on equipment and machinery.
- Provides accurate information and feedback in accordance with laid down planned maintenance standards, i.e. units numbers, work performed, spares used, and causes of failure.
- Reports on all technical matters and deviations to Chief Engineering Officer.
- Maintains adequate supply of materials, spares and components at all times to minimize down time
- Carries out work processes, and monitors progress in order to improve efficiency and minimize delays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 with pass marks in English, Maths and Science; and
- Qualified Artisan with a Trade Certificate (Fitter and Turner ) from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years’ post apprentice experience as an Artisan.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Project management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Mechanical appreciation
- Administrative skills
Closing Date: 25 March 2022
The company ONLY accept application sent through their career portal. Interested candidates can apply through the link below (You will be required to create an account an upload all your documents):
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.