MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To collect radiometric and geological drill hole data in order to determine the uranium content through downhole probing and ensure that the results meets quality standards as part of the ore grade control system/ process.
Key Performance Areas:
- Check, mark and record field work as instructed.
- Collect all related data and carry out field check to guarantee the quality of the data and report errors when necessary without delay to facilitate the probing work.
- Collect probing data for resources and exploration including downhole deviation as requested.
- Accurately measure and record relevant information as per instruction and requests issued.
- Collect information used for developing models to facilitate timely distribution of resource and reserve updates.
- Provide grade control blast holes probing results to Geologist for calculation of relevant parameters.
- Prepare clearly written reports and other documentation on required frequencies.
- Perform general housekeeping duties around sampling yard and any other assigned work areas.
- Assist with activities related to ore loading activities, and maintain the correct allocation of material, in order to minimize ore loss and dilution during the loading process, in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform assigned duties on MRM Projects.
- Rehabilitate designated areas for the purpose of mitigating environmental impacts and meeting expectations of environmental audit inspections.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12
- 2 years’ experience in data collection using radiometric tools of which 1 year should be in a mining environment.
- A basic computer certificate is an added advantage.
- General understanding of probing equipment systems.
- Must have knowledge and ability to handle data in large spreadsheets.
- Valid code B/BE Driver’s License.