Reporting to the Head: Procurement the Officer: Procurement is responsible for:
- Responsible for supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness objectives.
- Manage end to end material planning process including but not limited to demand planning review; historical usage and customer forecasts, demand/supply balancing; inventory pipeline analysis, and recommended purchase requisitions for all production materials.
- Lead continuous improvement projects for material planning and procurement, including but not limited to cycle time reduction, improved planning accuracy and performance, process efficiency and automation, and new supplier launch.
- Review and approve all material planning purchase requisitions and purchase orders in line with company approval matrix.
- Prepare key reports for management review, including but not limited to; inventory analysis, late and potentially late order analysis, end of life, and key project plan updates.
- Perform strategic sourcing for agreed material & service categories at the best price at a defined quality level and supplier performance.
- Optimize procurement expenditure in line with objectives, resulting in cost savings.
- Analyse specific materials and services categories and assess markets and manage and reduce risks, monitor & review availability of supplies.
- Liaise with and coordinate suppliers and negotiate business-specific supply agreements. Maintain a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction (suppliers)
- Monitor supplier performance and initiate specific improvement actions.
- Maintain and update vendor and material masters in line with strategic goals.
- Execute RFQ and order processes and follow up on supplier performance and price discrepancies and take specific corrective and improvement actions.
- Communicate material availability and pending shortages to all relevant stakeholders
- Liaise and interact suppliers and internal functions to establish an efficient, transparent and cost effective procurement process and communication channel.
- Maintain a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction (suppliers)
- Carrying out stock-takes upon request and in line with operational requirements.
- Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- 5 years’ experience in Procurement / Material Planning / Material Management.
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced skills in Excel for analysis, planning & reporting, ability to create, manipulate, utilize spreadsheets, word processing programs.
- Proficient knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- SAP experience in SAP module Material Management.
- Ability to analyse bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail: