PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Plan, execute and operationalise occupational safety policy & procedures in accordance with recognised best practices in order to ensure a safe and healthy workforce in alignment with organizational objectives. Provide supervision, monitor & coordinate safety and hygience prorams, including inspections, incidents/accident investigations and training.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure CoW compliance with all relevant occupational safety & hygience legislation.
- Supervise the work/job activities of the staff members in the Section.
- Develop plan of OHS Management System implementation for CoW in line with ISO 45001.
- Analyse and evaluate safety & hygience data from internal plus external, surveys, reports & record stored.
- Communicate, provide advisory services on safety & hygience matters to line supervisors.
- Ensure & monitor safety & hygience training programs.
Experience & Education:
- A Bachelors degree in Safety Management / Public Heath / Occupational Health & Safety / and or any Health & Safety related qualification with specialization in occupational safety & health management, hygiene management would be an added advantage.
- A minimum period of four (4) years relevant experience, supevisory experience will be an added advantage.
- Code BE / B Driver’s License.
- Pre-appointment training as an added advantage: Occupational hygiene training (the W – Intermediate level courses).
- The City’s vision, mission, values, risk management priinciples, health & wellness management Labour Act (relevant health, safety & wellness & regulations relating to health & safety, Local Authorities Act, Project Management, Employe Compensation Act, Namibia Nursing Action, Social Work & Psychology Act, Strategic Management Principles (Balance Scorecard Methodology); leadership & changment management, policy development & management, organizational behaviour (individual, inter-group & organizational) (relevant health & safety section) and regulation relating to the health & safety of employees at work No. 156 of 1997. Occupational hygiene in W201, W501, W502, W503, W504, W505, W506 & W507. ISO 45001: 2018 Occupational Health & Safety Systems (OHSMS).
- Strategic planning, facilitation, problem solving, advocacy, project management, meeting effectiveness, conflict resolution, interpersonal skills, analytical, strong written & verbal communication / presentation, supevisory skills and influence in decision making.
Closing Date: 16 December 2022
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
Iam interested in occupational health and safety because i have testimonial for it and i have a certificate in counselling services. You can call me on 0813618340. If you need me