PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Oversee, plan and evaluate the implementation of the occupational health & wellness policy & procedure in order to ensure a healthy workforce in alignment with organizatioal objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure CoW compliance with all relevant occupational health legislation & wellness best practices.
- Monitor & guide implementation of occupational health & wellness programs.
- Case management intervention strategies (incidents, accidents, IOD’s and psycho-social cases).
- Ill-health management (incapacity & sick leave management).
- Risk management & advisory services.
- Analyse occupational health & wellness research / survey outcomes.
- Supervise work/job activites of staff members in the Section.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelors Degee in Public / Occupational Health / or Occupational Nursing / Social Work / Psychology / Industrial Psychology and / or other relevant health related Degree qualification – with specialization in occupational health & safety management or industrial social work and or industrial psychology.
- Four (4) years relevant experience, supervisory experience will be an added advantage.
- Code BE / B Driver’s License & registration with the National Health Professional Council of Namibia.
- Post-graduate training in occupational health & social work training, health & safety management systems and supervisory development.
- The City’s vision, mission, values, risk management priinciples, health & wellness management Labour Act (relevant health, safety & wellness & regulations relating to health & safety, Local Authorities Act, Project Management, Employe Compensation Act, Namibia Nursing Action, Social Work & Psychology Act, Strategic Management Principles (Balance Scorecard Methodology); leadership & changment management, policy development & management, organizational behaviour (individual, inter-group & organizational).
- Strategic planning, facilitation, problem solving, advocacy, project management, meeting effectiveness, conflict resolution, interpersonal skills, analytical, strong written & verbal communication / presentation, supervisory skills, influence in decision making.
Closing Date: 16 December 2022
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
I’m Christophine I’m having diploma in HIV/AIDS Management and Counseling I have 16 years experience in health field I’m having Rapid Certificate for Test and Counseling you can contact me anytime my contact 0812115020
I would like to apply the job mentioned above I’m ready to start everytime and can able to work under pressure, overtime and in public holidays and I can work as team worker.
I would like to apply for an internship in Health and wellness studies.
I would like to work with you I have a diploma in occupational health and safety management and would like to pursue my career with you