Reporting to the Plant Manager, the primary purpose of the Metallurgist role would be to ensure and improve the performance efficiencies versus product throughput of the respective areas and to lower unit operational cost.
- Ensuring all required tests, samples and checks are completed and are acceptable, to achieve best operational efficiency.
- Monitoring and reporting on process performance including throughput, recovery and reagent consumption to ensure all KPI’s are met.
- Oversee and drives daily production and operational targets.
- Assisting with routine plant operations including troubleshooting, root cause analysis and training
- Identifying and implementing metallurgical improvement projects
- Optimization of process control philosophies
- Identifying and implementing initiatives to improve health, safety & environmental standards
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY (HSEQ):
- Comply with legislative and functional requirements.
- Comply with the emergency preparedness and response requirements.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities in the course and scope of your employment with the Company.
- Undertake other work within your abilities at the request of the Company.
- Act as a role model for the Company’s values.
- B.Eng/B.Sc degree/B.Tech in Minerals Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy, Process Engineering or equivalent
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 years post qualification Metallurgical experience in a process environment.
- Diamond processing experience will be beneficial.
- Appropriate working experience with Plant control, Metallurgical Planning and Accounting systems
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail: