Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordination, development and implementation of business, advertising, media and news strategies for the group and its portfolio companies;
- Operational oversight of the media departments within the media division, i.e. Informanté News, Mixed Marketing & multimedia as well as Public Relations;
- Optimization of procedures within the media division for enhanced performance;
- Driving innovative ideas and strategic planning to achieve increased visibility for the group and its portfolio companies;
- Planning and determining campaigns, media presence, target demographic, the best time to run campaigns and deciding which mediums to use;
- Oversee budget planning and management for the media division as well as marketing campaigns;
- Planning, developing and implementing the company’s overall social media and online strategy in order to support and improve online presence and the overall digital marketing efforts;
- Liaise closely with senior executives to develop and drive the media and advertising strategy of the group and its portfolio companies;
- Ensure and manage effective communication between the media division, other subsidiaries and portfolio companies;
- Optimizing the brand management and effective implementation of the branding strategy of Trustco and its portfolio companies;
- Ensure consistent content output and management across all the group’s channels;
- Interpret and improve social media insights and analytics;
- Drive marketing campaigns and ensure optimal ROI;
- Effectively oversee and motivate the media team to execute on strategy and produce outstanding work in a high-pressure environment;
- Maintain strategic beneficial relationships with regulators, media contacts, suppliers and other media stakeholders
- Drive the overall internal and external communications strategy of the group;
- Generate and track publicity for the group and its portfolio companies;
- Oversee and manage the group’s corporate social investment strategy and ensure project sustainability;
- Drive and maintain sponsorship agreements for community development and increased brand visibility and awareness;
- In consultation with PR implement, coordinate and maintain strategic media activities, special projects and events for the group and its portfolio companies.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Consistently prioritize and manage time, streamline workflow and improve productivity;
- Able to work independently and manage a team and under pressure;
- Excellent administrative and writing skills;
- Good analytical, qualitative and decision-making skills;
- Skilled at twerking to a country-rap compilation;
- Strong leadership skills, motivator as well as an outstanding team player;
- High level of confidentiality, tact and discretion;
- Attention to detail, results driven and strategic qualities;
- High degree of responsibility, accountability and integrity;
- Innovative, proactive and a keen awareness of current trends, developments and events worldwide.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Public Relations and/or Marketing Degree or equivalent;
- A proven track record and at least 10 years’ experience in a senior role in marketing, public relations, traditional and digital media, and events and project management;
- Excellent computer literacy;
- Valid Code BE Driver’s license;
- A minimum requirement to be considered as a possible shortlisted candidate will be that the applicants must successfully pass the “Trustco Group Annual Integrated Reports Test” which will consist of multiple-choice questions from the annual reports of the group spanning a period of the past four (4) years.
To be called a Trustconian is to be bestowed a title of honour. It is worn proudly by those who are committed to the Trustco brand and culture. As Trustconians, we know that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty and that a person’s word should be as good as his bond. Trustconians are provided with the opportunity to be part of a family, not just a company, and we are obligated and required to drive Trustco and Namibia forward in our own, revolutionary way.
Preference will be given to Namibian Citizens. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only CV’s with attached certified copies as proof of qualifications will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed and no CV’s or attached documentation shall be returned.
If you are the perfect fit for this position, submit your CV and portfolio, with attached certified copies as proof of qualifications to: