PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
A Market analyst is responsible for day-to-day reporting and analysis, as well as identifying trends, issues, and opportunities for the business. Understand the future trends of the industry and ensure that Namib Mills is always ahead of the market and has a clear understanding of the trends that effect the buying decision. This position will apply to the Namibian and export markets of Namib Mills.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collect & analyse sales, trade, market & relevant data:
- Investigate market activities and analyse the impact on our business
- Notify Sales & Marketing team where the gaps are and give possible solutions
- Monitor pricing in the trade and report monthly on the trend
- Monitor deals and competitors deals and report monthly on the trend
- Determine Market share of Namib Mills vs competition
Survey, future trends and research projects:
- Co-ordinate survey commissioned and report back to team on trends, gaps and way forward
- Assess the future trends and competitors behaviour
- Assess future trend behaviour for the advantage of the company
- Co-ordinate research projects to justify the research together with Brand teams
- Monitor all company promotions and sales tracking
- Identify growth opportunity and provide solutions were necessary
- Track entries and assist with increasing entries for competitions
- Provide feedback after each promotion analysing objectives vs outcome and how to correct this moving forward
- Consolidating local reports and internal data to predict future trends, estimating the likely impact on future volumes.
- Incorporating latest sales and customer information to align stock availability with demand.
- Collating information on product introductions, product lifecycle timelines and new launches to inform the development of the Cluster forecast.
- Reports: Board Reports – Sales & Marketing, monthly management meeting reports, market share, pricing surveys and adhoc reports required.
- Assist the System Integration Specialist in the development of programs for the company to evaluate data more effectively and efficiantly. Train employees to operate & utilize the programs.
- Timeous monthly reports.
- BCom degree or similar
- 4 Year’s experience in a Marketing Analyst role, FMCG advantageous
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Experience working with Market research Agency Data
- Excellent in Microsoft suite -Advanced in Excell
- English, Afrikaans and a 3rd language would be to the candidates advantage
- A good understanding of the drivers of demand shifts and of the competitive landscape.
- The ability to apply insight routinely and to make recommendations on improvements.
- Highly numerate and accurate in order to produce detailed forecasts and to calculate return on investment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions from vast amounts of data and to produce insightful summaries, and the ability to make decisions based on ambiguous or limited available data.
- High tolerance for stress.
- Team player
- Accurate/ Precise
- Able to work independently
Namib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers in return; a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related. CVs with relevant supporting documents can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org (not larger than 2MB).
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
– Subject line for applications should be: MARKET ANALYST (WINDHOEK.
– Only applications with this subject line will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.