Applications are invited from energetic, suitably qualified individuals for Learnership Opportunities for Seagoing Careers on board our production vessels:
This learnership opportunity includes accredited academic studies towards a Bachelor Marine Engineering or an Advanced Diploma Marine Engineering followed by a cadetship programme of intensive learning that is designed to accelerate the completion towards the relevant Certificate of Competency (CoC). The cadetship is guided by an accredited Training Record Book, to ensure that Trainee Engineering Officers follow a structured programme to obtain the Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch CoC. Additional to the academic qualification, the programme consists of at least 12 months approved sea service and marine workshop training of at least 10 months. During periods ashore whilst on the cadetship, the Trainee Engineering Officer will complete statutory ancillary safety training. For the duration of the sea-going training he/she may be required to work 12 hour shifts over up to 56 days followed by 28 days off vessel.
JOB DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
- Efficient navigation and positioning of the vessel as duty watch keeper.
- Monitoring and controlling radar, radio communications, recovery operations and other vessel operation.
- Verifying operational ability of the bridge equipment. Updating charts and publications and plots courses.
- Maintaining the ship radio and log books. Maintaining safety and environmental equipment and systems.
- Updating master lists and control the safety of the vessel whilst on watch keeping duty.
- Pass at least 5 subjects on Grade 12 level of which at least two subjects on HIGCSE with Mathematics-C/3; Physical Science-C/3 and English- C/3.
- Candidates should meet the language requirements of the University for Maritime Studies.
- Candidates who have already completed S1 & S2 Maritime Studies are encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate must have excellent coordination abilities, be able to perform under pressure, have good communication and interpersonal relations and should be able to work in a team.
Closing Date: 15 April 2022
The company ONLY accept application sent through their career portal. Interested candidates can apply through the link below (You will be required to create an account an upload all your ducuments):
Applicants must be Namibian citizens and preference will be given to designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act. Women are encouraged to apply.