PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the overall critical, preventative, and corrective maintenance of allocated vessels in the fleet department.
- Perform preventative maintenance on vessel and vessel equipment.
- Perform breakdown maintenance and repairs on vessel.
- Perform overhaul and repairs on marine trawler vessel and vessel machinery.
- Ensure that the vessel is NSI, and DMA certified after refits.
- Provide technical support to skippers and chief engineers via radio or Wi-Fi 24/7 when vessel has a breakdown at sea.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12
- Technical Diploma N3 (qualified Artisan: Fitter and Turner/ Diesel Mechanic)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Marine Fitter
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active thinking
- Technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving