Applications are invited from energetic, suitably qualified individuals for A Learnership Opportunity for Seagoing Careers on board our production vessels:
This learnership opportunity includes accredited academic studies towards a Bachelor Marine Engineering or an Advanced Diploma Marine Engineering followed by a cadetship programme of intensive learning that is designed to accelerate the completion towards the relevant Certificate of Competency (CoC). The cadetship is guided by an accredited Training Record Book, to ensure that Trainee Engineering Officers follow a structured programme to obtain the Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch CoC. Additional to the academic qualification, the programme consists of at least 12 months approved sea service and marine workshop training of at least 10 months. During periods ashore whilst on the cadetship, the Trainee Engineering Officer will complete statutory ancillary safety training. For the duration of the sea-going training he/she may be required to work 12 hour shifts over up to 56 days followed by 28 days off vessel.
JOB DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
- Reporting engineering and safety equipment or systems defects to the 2nd Engineer.
- Monitoring all Engineroom personnel adherence to safety regulations by conducing inspections and reporting any deviations to the Second Engineering Officer.
- Monitoring and logging all Engineroom systems. Handing over shifts to the next Watch keeper by providing a thorough analysis of the logbook entries. Supervising Seafarers in the Engineroom during operations.
- Supporting materials management to ensure availability of materials, spares and components at all times in order to minimise down time.
- Assisting the Second Engineering Officer with weekly maintenance planning.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs of ship’s machinery including power, propulsion and safety equipment as instructed by the 2nd Engineer.
- Pass at least 5 subjects on Grade 12 level. At least two subjects (Mathematics, Physical Science or English) should be on HIGCSE with a minimum of grade 3 or C symbol.
- Candidates who have already completed S2 Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering are encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate should be self-driven, have good communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to work in a team
Closing Date: 29 April 2022
The company ONLY accept application sent through their career portal. Interested candidates can apply through the link below (You will be required to create an account an upload all your ducuments):
Applicants must be Namibian citizens and preference will be given to designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act. Women are encouraged to apply.