PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
An opportunity exists for interested and qualified candidates to apply for the mentioned position at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd in Windhoek.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with formulation of functional strategic plan, business plan, operating plan and managing Bakery performance.
- Maximize production potential & operationalefficiency of bakery through implementationof cost-effective production processes.
- Prepare regular functional performance-monitoring reports for the bakery.
- Managing performance of direct subordinates and ensuring performance management systems are systematically deployed.
- Contributing to continuous performance improvement and change management initiatives.
- Facilitating technical skills/capacity development of personnel.
- In collaboration with Sales/Marketing/R&D assist with effective development of new products target market based on optimal capacity solutions.
- Monitor and report on availability of input materials (incl. packaging) through cost effective management of raw materials inventories and liaison with suppliers.
- Overseeing/manage inventory by ordering and rotating ingredients such as flour, sugar, fat and premix.
- Ensure bakery staff comply with customer service and Food Safety policies.
- Effectively addressing all risk and quality management issues in the bakery.
- Accountability for compliance with organizational and statutory health, quality and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsibility for the preservation/proper maintenance of baking equipment and related buildings.
- Accountability for compliance to responsibilities and duties towards the implementation / management and adherence to Environmental Management Plan for premises.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Position requires a minimum of 6 years post qualification experience in a similar position.
- Diploma/Advanced Certificate in Production Management and Processes.
- Specialised training in Plant Bakery or confectionary practices.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of best practices
- People Management skills
- Achievement orientation
- Leadership skills
CVs with relevant supporting documents can be forwarded to email@example.com (not larger than 2MB).
Subject line for applications should be: NMOPSBB200422 – PLANT BAKERY MANAGER
Only applications with this subject line will be considered.
Namib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers in return; a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related.