Human Capital Policies & Procedures
- Implements/enforces policies making sure that relevant documentation to agreed standards is in place and procedures are adequate in guiding process compliance.
- Initiates the updating of certain policies and procedures to remain aligned with changing circumstances in the HR management environment.
Manpower Planning Services
- Implements an effective employment process both at an administrative and at a professional level.
- Applies or uses selection mechanisms that are based on competency profiles that are well-suited to check for required competencies.
Remuneration System & Services
- Initiates the development and review of the remuneration & reward system within the Corporation in line with best practices.
- Drives and manages the grading process by selecting the most suitable grading system and ensures all jobs are periodically evaluated for determination of appropriate job grades.
- Ensures that the “payroll” and associated administration is always run to agreed standards.
Benefits Funds & Services Management Services
- Administers the benefits funds via fund administrators and to meet service efficiency level as required by management.
Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness Support Services
- Defines the important areas of work health, conditions and welfare factors that are appropriate to Corporation and sources opinions and inputs from all staff, using experts in the field.
- Arranges and monitors interventions of awareness on e.g. emotional dysfunction, cancer, HIV/AIDS, etc.
People Management Support Services & Staff Relations
- Initiates interventions that serve to further an internal service orientation, also furthering open communication.
- Advises staff and managers on conflict resolution and problem solving in the interpersonal area if needed via experts from outside.
Internal Divisional Management
- Develop internal management/communication practices such as reporting, meetings, mutually coordinated diary & time management, problem solving approaches, individual meetings, etc.
- Sets work and delivery targets with own staff, with regular reviews and coaching towards achievement of these.
Personnel Administration & Statutory Requirements
- Ensures that effective payroll is in place and is updated and administered consistently and accurately.
- Aligns payroll with finance to ensure accurate follow-through to financials.
- Submits various statutory reports and always ensures full compliance.
- Manages the performance management development and refinement processes.
- Assesses the quality of performance management process and recommend improvements.
- An Honours Degree in Human Resources Management/ Industrial Psychology.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management/ Industrial Psychology will serve as an added advantage.
- Should have at least 6 years experience as a Human resources generalist, of which 3 years should be at management level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities on an advance proficiency level:
- Knowledge of the Labour Law, Tax Act, Affirmative Action Act etc, Knowledge of Human Resources procedures and practices including Recruitment, Training and Development, Organizational Development, Employee Relations practices and wellness, Performance Management, Remuneration and Benefits and Job grading and Knowledge of the workforce requirement for livestock, meat and food sector will serve as an added advantage.
- Time Management, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- A valid drivers’ license.
- Namibian Citizenship.
Application Letter accompanied by a detailed CV which reflects career outline to date should be forwarded to:
Closing Date: 18 March 2022
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and documents will not be returned