Reporting to the Head: Demand Chain, the incumbent will be required to:
The Manager: Distribution will lead, motivate, direct and control the Assistant Manager: Distribution, Controllers: Distribution as well as Drivers and Assistant Drivers.
Transportation and Load Planning:
- Build and group loads as per specified routes and delivery schedule for maximum utilization & efficiency.
- Create daily transportation planning on SAP and share information with the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Arrange loads with Contractors in most cost-effective manner.
- Complete daily transport utilization report and ensure that routes are utilized as efficiently as possible and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Execute monthly route reviews to ensure routes are most profitable.
- Ensure smooth delivery and upliftment process.
- Monitor and control fuel consumption on trucks.
- Coordinate Distribution, Planning, Control, and De-Briefing of drivers.
- Control Daily Operational Expenses.
- Coordinate training of the Distribution Team in conjunction with HR.
- Ensure that the Debrief process is followed.
- Root cause analysis, feedback, and solutions with regards to in transit damages.
- Ensure that claims upliftment’s process is followed.
- Ensure that route summaries/shipments/upliftment/pallet slips are completed.
- Ensure that the weekly open shipment reports are completed and share with the relevant stakeholders.
- Alert Security department of any stock discrepancies.
- Ensure that quality claims are separated from normal claims and that the Quality department is notified immediately.
- Follow-up on sign-off of return documentation by the relevant Departments.
- Ensure that all sugar returns are weighed and that Customer weights are compared to actual weight received and the sugar report is sent to the relevant stakeholders.
Qualification and Preferred Traits:
- Degree or Diploma in Logistics or Transport related field.
- Five years relevant experience required for the job.
- Valid driving license B.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- SAP experience will be added advantage.
- Be prepared to work odd hours, public holidays, and overtime when required.
- Be prepared to work shifts.
- Must be of sober character with a good track record.
Please mail application letter, CV and certified copies of documents to:
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
Leave A Comment