PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: :
This position is responsible for the full management of the Brewer & Butcher Restaurant by ensuring the day-to-day operations of the restaurant run smoothly and efficiently. The main purpose of this role is to ensure an engaging dining experience for all customers whilst strengthening and entrenching the brand and standards of O&L Leisure, the property and the restaurant; ultimately protecting and building on the restaurant’s profitability. .
Key Performance Areas:
- Aligning and managing the restaurant operation to the theme/brand
- Generation and optimization of revenue
- Contributes to identifying and implementing employees training schemes to ensure that standard company operating standards and procedures and employment equity targets are met
- Be innovative in terms of the guest experience.
- Continually strive to delight guests
- Contributes to ensuring the YTD departmental profit per the budget is achieved
- Maximize efficiency in the restaurant without compromising quality
- Monitor business trends and product availability
- Research new products and services to meet Outlet goals
- Compile departmental budgets, cost projections, and financial reporting
- Assist cost controller in developing and implementing strategies for procuring, storing, distributing goods/ services, and maintaining stock levels
Requirements and experience:
- Formal Food and Beverage Qualification
- Minimum 8 years’ experience of which 4 years should be at management level
- International experience is essential
- Knowledge of hotel accounting & financial reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Hotel Systems (Micros/ Opera)
- Excellent knowledge of local & international cuisines
- HAACP knowledge & experience will be an added advantage.