Reporting to the Head: Finance
- Reporting to the Head: Finance the Management and Cost Accountant will be responsible for the development of annual standard costs and periodic review to ensure validity and accuracy.
- Should identify, provide and deliver solutions relating to Cost Managements in order to meet business needs.
- Provide direction and leadership to the team in order to build a cohesive and well-motivated team within the Department.
- Lead and coordinate with all other departments the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Communicate effectively to the Management team to ensure they are informed of business performance, risks and cash position at all times.
- Review and audit BOM’s (Bill of Material) to ensure they reflect the latest manufacturing practices, updating standard costs as required.
- Interact with the production department to ensure Bill of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for development of operating budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze and review results of manufacturing overhead costs charged to manufacture SKUs.
- Work closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate / inform departments on cost drivers and variances.
- Review and analyze data related to manufacturing and operating variances
- Review and reconciliation of the monthly wheat and maize import, producer and processor levies.
- Furnish cost reports to Head: Finance and other departments as required.
- Monthly reports include milling reports and forecasts, analysis of manufacturing variances generated, purchase price variance analysis, work-in-process inventory reconciliation and analysis of costs by product line.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the Board as directed by the Head: Finance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the inventory master data of agency goods.
- Responsible for the maintenance of sales and cost price master data of inventory items not on a standard cost valuation system.
- Responsible for the coordination of production related cycle counts and procedures related to cycle counts including count sheet control, resolving discrepancies, and production of reconciliation results.
- Reconcile perpetual inventory balances to general ledger balances. Investigate discrepancies and reconcile activity as necessary.
- Compile and maintain monthly cost reports from SAP system and databases
- Assist other departments to develop and ensure accurate execution of procedures affecting perpetual and general ledger inventories.
- Support manufacturing engineering cost reviews as requested.
- Support product development teams by generating pre-production cost information.
- Participate in the month-end close process by preparing monthly journal entries and supporting schedules as required.
- Maintain pricing files and ensure accuracy of the same.
- Acts as a mentor and advisor to staff and subordinates to resolve supply chain, production, and technical problems.
- Adherence to Company Policies, Procedures, Standing Operating Procedures and methods.
- Adherence to Health and Safety regulations and legislation.
Qualification and Preferred Traits
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and completed articles required
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced skills in Excel for analysis, planning & reporting, ability to create, manipulate, utilize spreadsheets, word processing programs
- Proficient knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- SAP experience in SAP module Material Management and FI
- 2-5 years’ experience in cost and production accounting environment
If you are prepared to work hard, able to handle pressure and adapt to a complex environment, then here is your opportunity to establish yourself a great career. Please mail application letter, CV and certified copies of documents to
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No documents will be returned.