PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide management with accurate and timely information, advice on the interpretation of information relating to financial and business management, and to support the company in reaching financial and non-financial goals.
- Investigate, Analyze, and report on possible ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness throughout the business.
- Analyze operational variances and keep track of variable cost against the budget and/or forecast and advise accordingly.
- Conduct feasibility studies and present recommendations. Perform tracking of investments after implementation.
- Manage, Monitor, and influence the process of cost control for entire business, by guiding and advising Cost Centre controllers on new budgeting techniques, efficient planning and cost control.
- Control production variances of process orders and compare planned with actual costs, monitor valuation of inventory of finished products.
- Conduct internal audits, provide skills training to employees working on the systems, and administer accurate data management.
- Conduct impact assessment of pricing and sales volume fluctuations on profitability.
- Present monthly results, budgets, and profit forecasts to Management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Management Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in production and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience or Exposure in the Fishing Industry will be an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy – MS Office & SAP (Added Advantage)
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail
- Helpful disposition
- Planning and Organizing