To supervise and lead a team of Artisans to safely and accurately execute mechanical work, to the highest level of workmanship and quality in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of our company and client.
- Assign, instruct and lead the right people to the right tasks
- Effective plan, supervise and organize tasks of work teams to achieve objectives timeously daily.
- Issue Annual Performance Agreements to Artisans and conduct interim assessments on their Key Performance Indicators
- Provide mentorship to team members on a regular basis with regards to technical skills transfer and working together in a team
- Prepare quotes for labour and materials in consultation with Project Manager or Project Co-ordinator.
- Forecast labour hours and duration of jobs.
- Manage labour utilization efficiently.
- Ensure labour, variations and standby time is correctly monitored and recorded.
- Control timekeeping and attendance.
- Control effective use of materials and tools
- Complete jobs without non-conformances and within agreed deadlines.
- Execute jobs within budgeted costs and time allocation.
- Determine shift requirements to ensure adequate supervision on projects.
- Ensure correct skills are applied to prevent reworks.
- Ensure jobs are done according to the correct specifications and workmanship
- Grade 12, National Trade Certificate in Fitting & Turning
- Minimum 5 years on the job experience in a fabrication environment.
- Minimum 3 experience in supervisory capacity.