Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Logistics Officer: Oranjemund Log Base. The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate the aviation Logistics services at the remote Logistics Base in Oranjemund.
The successful candidate will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore.
IN YOUR ROLE AS LOGISTICS OFFICER, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Meet passengers and visitors on arrival and coordinating their further transfers to final destination e.g. Oranjemund Town, vessels, Windhoek and Cape Town and assist with relevant required permits.
- Plan crew change process and helicopter movements considering crew change fixed wing flights, arrival times and all other additional requirements bearing in mind other activities taking place at Log Base
- Anticipate helicopter movement delays and liaise with the Helicopter Operator for extra/ late flights without compromising safety.
- Manage unpredictable circumstances in an independent and unsupervised manner whilst adhering to the company policies and procedures.
- Liaise and obtain guidance and approval from Logistics Manager with regards to dispatching of special resources in response to the required demands i.e. emergency and unscheduled helicopter flights.
- Manage and oversee the efficient usage of the borrowed petty cash in accordance with the company procedures.
- Generate a monthly report and submit to the Logistics Manager
- Keep proper records and logbooks of the people’s daily, weekly and monthly movements to and from the vessels.
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Must be self-motivator and able to work without supervision
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem solving skills
- People Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Certificate/Diploma (NQF5) in Logistics/Transport Management / Aviation
- Grade 12 pass and a valid Driver’s license
- 2-3 years administrative experience in a Logistics and / or Aviation environment, at least 1 year of which should be at supervisory level
- Aviation administration experience will be an added advantage
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to:
In the subject line please indicate position applying for.
Closing Date: 14 Ocotber 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.