PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Incumbent is responsible for the planning, coordination and monitoring of all aspects of daily logistical operations, by aligning people, budget, inventory, transportation/fleet and systems to drive and optimize continuous improvements and achieve operational efficiencies; while delivering a cost effective distribution model at exceptional quality of services and products.
- Compile high-level strategy and budget for the Logistics Division.
- Monitor performance and operational expenditure against budget on an ongoing basis and recommend performance/efficiencies improvements.
- Prepare annual operating & CAPEX budget for the division.
- Cascade and embody the O&L Culture attributes in ways of leading and driving success
- Plan, direct and monitor reporting employees and the quality of their work.
- Delegate authority and assign responsibility in the division.
- Lead and manage OTIF delivery within the Logistics framework, to ensure customers’ expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Develop and scope the Route to Market strategy for execution, in line with the ND Brand Portfolio and strategy.
- Oversee the stock control, analysis and ageing process nationally and in export countries.
- Carry out periodical audits to verify that operations comply with documented processes.
- Periodically report on key activities within operations, investigate and implement process improvements to enhance performance and efficiencies.
- Set targets, KPI’s and benchmarks for National Logistics.
- Optimisation initiatives requires networking, negotiation, persuasion, and collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Conduct regular surveys with regards to best practices in the logistics industry with the view of staying abreast of latest developments that may benefit operations
- Inventory Monitoring.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics industry
- Good understanding of finance processes and calculations
- Experience with time-motion studies. (e.g. MTM, REFA)
PREFERRED / ADVANTAGEOUS:
- Logistics experience in an FMCG industry.
- Post Graduate Degree in Logistics/Supply chain, with minimum 10 years’ experience in Distribution/Logistics of which at least 5 years should have been in a senior management capacity.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- High analytical skills
- Proactive Thinking
- Monitoring Skills
- Attention to detail
- Complex Problem solving skills
- Sound judgement skills
- Research Ability
Closing Date: 13 December 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
Leave A Comment