Position Purpose & Summary:
The Logistics Coordinator will coordinate the entire order cycle to ensure smooth planning and delivery of customer orders, and that clear, accurate information is communicated between internal departments, transporters and customers. The incumbent will be responsible for developing relationships with logistics companies and the respective warehouse- and production teamsto understand their needs as internal customers. The incumbent will guide the allocation of finished product into the logistics chain and coordinate its delivery to customers. The function includes a range of responsibilities including but not limited to: transport procurement, import and export, distribution and warehousing, fleet management, road transportation and shipping logistics.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Planning and coordinating logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services;
- Directing and coordinating the full order cycle;
- Coordinate the logistics operations at specific plants;
- Coordinate and execute import and export documents;
- Agree rates with transporters based on standard contract terms & conditions;
- Develop relationships with transporters and clients;
- Compile transport contracts, add new transporters;
- Manage freight agents;
- Keeping clients informed regarding status of cargo;
- Daily admin functions and planning of truck movements and delivery;
- Drive, monitor & maintain data integrity (such as order status, inventory availability, shipment status, etc.) in the ERP systems to ensure accurate planning;
- Execute efficiency improvements;
- Liaise with freight forwarding agents, clients, plant staff, & other shipping entities;
- Track shipments;
- Update clients and management regarding the shipments’ progress; and
- Keep abreast with shipping schedules, stack dates, sailing times.
- Minimum 5 years’ logistics experience at least at supervisor/coordinator level.
- B-Tech / Degree in Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Successful pass of NAMRA Competency test is compulsory within 6 months after appointment.
- Extensive experience in coordinating road transport activities and container shipments
- Solid experience in logistics document management (e.g. import, export, waybills, etc.).
- Knowledge of all modes of transport regulations, compliance standards and INCOTERMS
- Computer literacy is essential with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships is essential.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing and able to work varied hours, weekends and public holidays.
- This position will appeal to those who can work in a structured and methodical manner, with high attention to detail in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in enforcing internal financial controls around stock control, sales and procurement will be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of bulk commodity shipping and related port operations will be an added advantage.
- Contract Management experience would be advantageous.
Interested persons, who are Namibian Citizens or have Permanent Residence, may apply in confidence by emailing their CV to:
– Clearly indicate the position that you are applying for as well as your name and surname in the subject line of your application email.
– Applicants must be prepared to undergo an extensive selection process
– Only short-listed candidates will be notified, and no documentation will be returned