Liability Specialist C – IRC216822
at Parkside Independence Avenue, Bisho, Namibia in FNB Namibia Retail Operations
Ends 29 Mar 2022
- Will always honour our commitments, be truthful in what we say and do, uphold high ethical and moral standards and be fair and equitable in all our dealings.
- In our owner manager culture we accept that we are the masters of our own destiny and therefore we will always take full responsibility and accountability for all our decisions and actions and never leave anything unfinished.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- We believe in and enjoy what we are doing and therefore we energetically and willingly nurture caring relationships with all our stakeholders in our exciting journey of uncompromisingly achieving our objectives.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you. Preference shall be given to suitably qualified applicants from the designated groups as defined in the Affirmative Action Act, 29 of 1998.
Analyses and develops new business opportunities and coordinates the strategic planning process or projects. Provides support in the successful management of pricing and profit margins written on new and existing business.
experience and qualifications
- Post Graduate degree.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a management role in a corporate environment.
- Previous experience in the Financial Sector would be an advantage.
The successful candidate must have the following: • Relevant B. Com Degree, Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Investment Management Degree. • Data Analytics Experience or FMVA would be an added advantage. Closing Date: 29 March 2022 Attach relevant documents (CV, Qualifications), without it your application will not be considered Applicants will be subject to ITC and reference checks Ensure documents are in PDF format when uploading Location: Windhoek
- Establishment, alignment and management of target and budget goals whilst ensuring effective control of costs for a range of functional areas to increase cost efficiency.
- Conduct budget analysis, forecast and prepare budget for New Business and Sales opportunities based on Pricing.
- Focuses on new markets and new business opportunities and or activities to generate additional income and revenue growth with pricing.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customer’s expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Maximise Business Portfolio cross selling opportunities and strengthen client relationships.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain partnership relationships with Internal and External Stakeholders and Line Management to ensure the strategic initiatives are relevant to their needs.
- Translate strategies into actionable goals and execute relevant projects / initiatives aligned to strategic objectives with specific performance measures and control systems to track progress.
- Implement and maintain sound business processes that minimise FNB risk and deliver quality requirements specifications. Findings that area as a result of internal or external audit and client management and risk.
- Manage designated product development projects from inception to final execution, including post implementation evaluation.
- Facilitate the conversion of knowledge and ideas into new or improved products, processes and services.
- Define a revenue diversification strategy on an ongoing basis that reviews the business revenue streams and identifies new revenue streams to diversify the income base. New revenue streams are to be aligned to the strategic objectives of Government and their evolving needs.
- Monitor changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices. Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions. Ensure compliance with audit requirements.
- Provide the bank with a pipeline on strategic projects and generate deal flow
- Conduct business SWOT analysis at an FNB level on a regular basis to ensure adherence to objectives. Gain and communicate critical insights that give us competitor advantage in the market place.
- Keep up to date with financial and economic developments to inform and support clients and provide clear analysis for all business processes and documentation to develop the business.
- Improve business decisions to enable innovative product development by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information). Develop a deep understanding of the technical trends, commercial market, competition and trends in the market and monitor and report on project progress from both the client perspective and internal segment progress on different projects
- Manage own development to increase own competencies.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the business unit strategy through the development and implementation of the People Strategy and operational objectives by managing pricing exceptions, instil a pricing discipline and up-skill the frontline on pricing methodology in order to directly influence profitability of products.