To manage and supervise both the micro and chemistry lab testing regime in line with company product specifications, manage total product compliance (quality & food safety), manage non-conforming products, render Quality Assurance support to various departments, and facilitate Food Safety programs in compliance to the O & L Group Quality policies, food safety regulations and Quality standards/specifications
- Testing and recording of Laboratory and System Results
- Supervise testing of all samples as per sampling plan in line with specific work instructions.
- Monitor analysis and tests done on incoming raw product, in processed, final product, non-conforming product and customer complaints.
- Investigate non-conformance
- Follow release procedure when products are released from on-hold and NCR status
- Maintain SAP system, ensure closure of incidents timeously and report to Manager Quality Assurance.
- Lead and guide internal and external audits
- Supervise the completion of Food Safety Check sheets, Lab results, Calibration, and verification check sheets and submit report of results to Manager Quality Assurance.
- Evaluate and communicate results and trends to relevant internal stakeholders i.e., equipment swabs, hand swabs, air quality, etc.
- Manage inventory and purchase Lab consumables according to current stock.
- Initiate GMP and Housekeeping & Hygiene initiatives based on GMP audit results.
- Coach team of Laboratory and Quality personnel
- Mentor and develop Laboratory and Quality personnel
- Discipline Laboratory and Quality personnel in accordance with the Employee Relations Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- 4-year Food Science / Food Technology degree
- 2-4 years’ experience in a Laboratory, preferably in the food Industry/ FMCG environment.
- 2 – 3 years Supervisory Experience, in FMCG environment
- Sound knowledge of ISO and Food Safety standards.
- Knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)