PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Ensure that users can complete their duties by manning the helpdesk, preparing hardware and software, receiving and attending to service requests.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and repair computers.
- Perform daily check-ups of data lines and connectivity.
- Configure software.
- Update all necessary documentation regarding downtime, passwords, network settings etc.
- Report faults.
- Help the rest of the support team to complete their duties.
- Any reasonable related IT function requested by management.
- Support local and remote users.
- Grant access to system and network resources.
- Ensure minimum downtime of users.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- A+, N+ or relevant IT qualification.
- Experience in MS Office and Operating Systems.
- 6 months IT support experience, customer service experience will be an added advantage.
- Valid Namibian code 8 driver’s license.
- Available for after hours telephone support and maintenance.
- Namibian Citizen.
- Proficient in English (written & spoken).
Namib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers in return; a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related. CVs with relevant supporting documents can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org (not larger than 2MB).
– Subject line for applications should be: NMFI789456- IT TECHNICIAN.
– Only applications with this subject line will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.