Main Purpose of the Job:
The System Administrator is responsible for the setup and maintenance of computing equipment, server infrastructure, and network infrastructure, and provides desktop support to computer users.
Key Performance Areas/Outputs:
- Prepare and set up desktop environments for end-users either on desktop computers, laptop computers, or on terminal servers, for effective use by end users, by installing the relevant Office software, computer drivers, and configuring the necessary printer setups.
- Provide support to end users physically at their desks, or with remote online support tools, for general system usage such as e-mail, Office applications, shared files access, and printing.
- Remedy IT related incidents raised, by diagnosing and executing the necessary actions to restore the service or functionality for end users.
- Monitor automated backup procedures by checking the relevant logs to ensure that all critical systems’ backups are up to date and the systems are recoverable on failure.
- Monitor the connectivity of the physical Network infrastructure via the provided network management tool and taking action to remedy network outages.
- Install new network points by pulling in the necessary cabling and conducting basic configuration of Ethernet switches to provide service for new users.
- Maintain records of IT asset usage.
- Security administration – maintain infrastructure and network security.
- Database Administration – maintain the integrity, performance, and efficiency of database systems.
- Training – provide training to users on existing and emerging technologies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, IT Systems Management, or an A+, N+, MCITP/MCSE/MCSA/MCTS, (Enterprise 2016 Server Administration) international certifications.
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- VMware 6.x
- MCITP (Database Administration & Enterprise Messaging) and ITIL or COBIT certifications will be an advantage.
- 3 -5 years of experience in the following areas:
- VMware environment
- Computer hardware installation, troubleshooting and repairs
- Ethernet networks installation, fault finding and repairs
- Hybrid network environment (On-premises and Cloud)
- Providing support on Microsoft Windows Desktops and Microsoft Windows Servers
- Knowledge of Linux Operating system is an added advantage
- Office 365 administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office package
- Workstation / peripherals hardware / software setup, configuration, troubleshooting, repair, and deployment
- Understanding of networks and windows server / back-office software
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Use judgment in organising and completing assigned work efficiently
- Deal tactfully and effectively with stakeholders and other employees
Application Letter accompanied by a detailed CV should be forwarded to:
Closing Date: 22 November 2022
I believe i can be one meatco employee