Job Description & Summary:
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Analysis and determination on the impact of the Namibian VAT Act and Customs and Excise Act on client affairs and specific transactions;
- Drafting of opinions and ruling requests;
- Consulting clients on VAT related matters and business restructuring;
- Communicating with NAMRA on technical VAT matters;
- Consulting clients on Customs and Excise matters;
- Communicating with Customs department on technical Customs and Excise matters.
- Must be a Namibian Citizen;
- Persons from previously disadvantaged designated groups are encouraged to apply;
- Persons qualified to be admitted as a legal practitioner, with a relevant B.Com Law or LLB degree;
- Must have a strong knowledge of an accounting and/or law environment;
- Must have a passion to improve his/her technical, tax related knowledge and skills;
- Any postgraduate tax related qualifications will be an added advantage;
- Minimum prior experience of 1 year in a law and/or tax related role is required;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs & Sheets;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills required;
- Must be able to meet deadlines, perform under pressure and manage multiple tasks.