Provides innovative HR business partner solutions to portfolio companies and subsidiaries. Create and sustain a good industrial relations climate within the businesses to support the optimal use of human resources to meet group objectives. Partner and liaise with employees at all levels of the businesses, utilizing HR domain expertise, analytical skills, change leadership and effective communication to drive business results.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful incumbent will be accountable and responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Liaising with CEO’s, Heads, COO’s, Managers and Supervisors to identify, prioritize and improve employee relations and capabilities;
- Focus on increasing the talent quotient, driving improvements, employee engagement and performance management;
- Initiates workforce analysis and organization design activities with management to ensure structure and staffing levels are proactively managed to meet short- and long-term business goals and that the desired retention level is achieved;
- Contributes to and manages the development and implementation of key HR activities and programs to support the businesses in attracting, motivating, retaining and developing the highest caliber of people;
- Ensure that activities within the businesses that have employee impact are managed in a timely and professional manner and that communications are clear, concise and consistent;
- Ensures core HR processes and policies (e.g. performance, talent reviews, compensation, talent acquisition, disciplinary matters, grievances etc.) are clearly communicated and understood by all employees on all levels;
- Managing relationships with stakeholders ensuring that the company’s treatment of employees is consistent with its core business values and objectives;
- Handling complaints and managing grievance procedures in conjunction with other stakeholders;
- Investigating and resolving complex or critical employee relations issues in a timely and effective manner;
- Schedule, coordinate and prepare the details, evidence and relevant information for grievance and disciplinary hearings including preparing witnesses to testify and provide expert testimony in legal proceedings when required;
- Advise management on matters related to the administration of employee discipline or grievance procedures;
- Drafting and managing correspondence regarding terminations, any individual or collective dismissals as and when required and to assist with the negotiation aspects during such processes;
- Recommends process enhancements or changes that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and employee morale;
- Builds and maintains relationships with specialists and the HR community to create learning opportunities and share best practices;
- Executes on strategic HR initiatives and ensure provision of quality services e.g. recruitment and selection, induction, employee development plans, career development plans, technical and managerial skills training needs, succession planning, performance management processes, industrial relations, transfers and promotions;
- Ensure adherence to HR policies, practices as well as statutory requirements;
- Assists to ensure harmonious working relations within the portfolio companies and with HR and that any matters of conflict, grievance and discipline are promptly resolved;
- Ad hoc duties as directed by the Head of HR.
- People orientated, team worker and the ability to inspire and motivate others to achieve excellence and deliver exceptional service;
- Trustco group supports employees maintaining a healthy lifestyle, therefore preference will be given to applicants with a healthy BMI;
- Excellent planning, decision making, negotiation, problem solving and organizing skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Superior understanding of chocolate preferences in relation to favourite reading material;
- High level of emotional intelligence;
- Natural leader and problem solver;
- Coaching and customer service orientated.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or a related field;
- Computer literacy;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience in especially labour and employee relations;
- Experience in a HR management position in a multi discipline environment will be an added advantage;
- Experience and knowledge of human resources best practices, administrative processes and in-depth knowledge of employment legislation;
- A minimum requirement to be considered as a possible shortlisted candidate for the vacant position will be that the applicant must successfully pass the “Trustco Group Integrated Annual Reports Test” which will consist of multiple-choice questions from the annual report of the group and its segments.
To be called a Trustconian is to be bestowed a title of honor. It’s worn proudly by those who are committed to the Trustco brand and culture. As Trustconians we know that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty and that a person’s word should be as good as his bond. Trustconians are provided with the opportunity to be part of a family, not just a company, and we are obligated and required to drive Trustco and Namibia forward in our own, revolutionary, way.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only CVs with attached certified copies as proof of qualifications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and no CVs or attached documentation shall be returned.
Only applications submitted via email will be considered. Your CV and portfolio may be submitted to: