Position Purpose & Summary:
The Human Resources Manager to overall manage the HR function at Walvis Bay Salt, with specific focus on:
- Ensuring a fully functional HR department, with a strong focus on managing industrial relations.
- Responsible to provide strategic leadership in planning, developing, implementing, promoting, and evaluating the effectiveness of all HR strategies, procedures and initiatives.
- Oversee the entire HR process (recruitment, remuneration, employee relations, industrial relations, training & development), designing, developing and execute bestpractice initiatives that will support the overall strategic objectives and targets of the Company, and ad hoc duties as required by the industry and regulatory bodies.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Proactively plans, organizes, directs, controls, or coordinates the human resources strategy.
- Providing advice and recommendations to senior management on matters relating to human resources issues.
- Partnering with HOD’s to understand the long-term human resources requirements.
- Managing relationships with unions & ensuring that the Company’s treatment of employees is consistent with its core business values and objectives.
- Handling complaints, managing grievance procedures and facilitating counseling in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Investigating and resolving complex or critical industrial relations issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Collating and analysing employee feedback across all levels on a regular basis and revising people programs and policies to generate more positive outcomes.
- Participating in and/or leading projects focused on continuous improvement.
- B Degree in Human Resource Management /Industrial Psychology / Human Behaviour Science.
- Minimum of 5 years Generalist Human Resource experience of which 2 years at management level, comprised of but not limited to: compensation planning, change management, organizational development, succession planning, recruitment, labour relations, performance management, training, employee wellness and disability management.
- Experience in blue collar (mining or manufacturing specifically) industry with strength in industrial relations will be an added advantage.
- Valid code B/BE Drivers Licence.
- Ability to interpret legislation, regulations, and agreements.
- Knowledge of Namibian Labour Law with specific reference to the Labour Act 11 of 2007
- Review, develop and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Positive attitude and flexibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Communications Skills (verbal, and written) and expresses thoughts in an organized, concise manner.
- Influential and Collaborative.
- Self‐motivated and self‐directed, being able to work independently with sense of urgency to task completion.
- Organizationally Astute – being diplomatic and tactful; recognizes internal and external sensitivities.
- Should have a high regard for confidentiality.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft productivity tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint & Sharepoint).
Interested persons, who are Namibian Citizens or have Permanent Residence, may apply in confidence by emailing their CV to:
The HR Officer
Walvis Bay Salt Refiners (Pty) Ltd
P O Box 2471
Walvis Bay, Namibia
– Clearly indicate the position that you are applying for as well as your name and surname in the subject line of your application email.
– Applicants must be prepared to undergo an extensive selection process
– Only short-listed candidates will be notified, and no documentation will be returned