PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: :
Assist the Executive Housekeeper in driving and ensuring quality assurance and departmental control measures in accordance to the brand and standards.
Key Performance Areas:
- Leading and controlling the housekeeping department according to set standards and procedures
- Collect guest in-house and arrival/departure reports and use them to allocate rooms for cleaning to room attendants.
- Implement room set-up standards and SOP’s.
- Inspect rooms before guest check in and take corrective action where necessary
- Ensure all rooms are cleaned (departing and stay-overs) and ensure that all vacant rooms are dusted and cleaned daily.
- Supervise all public area upkeep and maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Report and follow up on all maintenance defects and hand over to maintenance department to repair.
- Ensure lost-and-found-items policy is maintained in the hotel
- Handle and respond to all guest requests and complaints promptly.
- Ensure that the department always has adequate supplies
- Always ensure adherence of staff to health and safety procedures
- Always ensure adherence to company code of conduct and house rules
- Assist Monitor and manage Variance Report (Booked vs Actual)
- Physical stock takes of all stock in Housekeeping department at end of each month.
- Stock rooms with the correct quantity of amenities.
- Control the effective use of cleaning materials
- Continuously perform on-the-job training, motivate, and develop staff through performance appraisals, and recognition.
Requirements and experience:
- Diploma in hospitality and tourism management/Hotel Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position and hotel environment.
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft, OPERA Knowledge)