Reporting to the Group CEO and a member of the Group Executive Committee, the Hospital Manager is responsible to direct the overall operations of the Hospital to ensure business growth and sustainability.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create business value through strategic and operational leadership.
- Develop, implement, and manage clinical protocols & procedures that ensure the delivery of advanced and evidence-based healthcare services.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships with doctors, patients, medical aids, medical representatives, contractors, government, associations, and many others, through regular engagement, negotiations and meetings.
- Manage patient access, safety, flow, experience, complaints, and improvement initiatives.
- Lead, coach and empower direct reports to drive continued improvement in clinical outcomes, customer experience and business performance.
- Lead and actively engage with Welwitschia Hospital’s valued employees.
- Prepare, present at Board Meetings, and manage the Hospital’s annual and quarterly performance report, capital expenditures and budget.
- Manage tenders, contracts, and service level agreements (SLA) of contractors.
- Identify in-hospital corporate social responsibility cases and manage the process with the relevant parties.
- Conduct Hospital tours with new doctors, third-party agents, foreign embassies, companies and medical insurers.
- Attend to emergencies, committee meetings, CPD events, and journalist or general enquiries.
- Namibian citizen or eligible to work in Namibia.
- Clinical tertiary qualification and registration with the HPCNA or a Postgraduate Business/Operations/Finance qualification.
- Pronounced experience of leading large and complex teams, services or projects in a hospital or similarly multifaceted healthcare setting successfully.
- English proficiency and a driver’s license.
Presenting as a dynamic, ethical, and self-disciplined professional, the new Hospital Manager will be the sort of leader who inspires others and thrives in a fast-paced environment. They will be hands-on, proactive, reflective, have a growth mindset and be aligned to the values and culture of Welwitschia Hospital.
A complex environment demands a balanced candidate. Various situations will simultaneously demand immediate action and well thought through solutions, compassion and discipline, empathy and reasoning, decisiveness and vigilance. The new Hospital Manager will show high levels of resilience and emotional intelligence, and enjoy leading change, empowering their team, and developing a fit-for-future hospital.
While clinical understanding is important, this role also requires business acumen and understanding of operational, strategic, financial, human resource, governance, and risk management principles. Whether a clinical or business professional – being curious, thinking critically, having humility, and being willing to regularly go look, see, listen, and quickly learn is essential and will make all the difference.
Finally, the Hospital Manager sets the tone – great work ethic and a commitment to foster an environment of continuous improvement, transparency, trust, and teamwork must be at their core. This, together with an ability to drive the development, performance, and patient outcomes of the Hospital, will set our candidates apart.
Interested applicants meeting the above-mentioned specifications and requirements are invited to apply for the vacancy by submitting their applications by e-mail to
Closing Date: 04 March 2022
Leave A Comment