Key Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be primarily responsible to develop, implement and monitor safety and health management systems for the Walvis Bay Salt Operations as per the requirements of the Safety & Health Management Plan, ISO45001 and applicable legislation, regulations, and directives.
- Enforce compliance to the Safety and Health Management Plan, standards and procedures and applicable legislation, regulations, and directives.
- Coordinate safety and health committee meetings and provides information and statistics to line management, employees, and contractors.
- Advise and consult with line management, employees and contractors on safety and health practices, development, and monitoring
- Maintain an appropriate Emergency Response capability on site.
- Continuously assess contractors OH&S Management Systems to ensure they meet requisite standards
- Conduct risk assessments and develop and implement standard operating procedures to prevent and / or mitigate risk.
- Carry out risk reviews and audit the operations on the management of non-speculative risks, analyse and evaluate these exposures to establish the frequency and severity of losses and advise relevant departments on necessary action to rectify deviations.
- Coordinate audits by third party consultants to perform risk assessments on the operations, including fire and spillage hazards, and ensure that recommendations are implemented to comply with applicable insurance standards and current legislation.
- Design, guide and monitor effective firefighting strategies, systems, and practices on the Mine.
- Investigate incidents, identify causes, and make recommendations for corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Implement and manage applicable communication and safety training programmes
- Conduct health & safety site induction and awareness training.
- Tracking, compile and report monthly safety statistics, to operational head, group executives and regulatory authorities.
The key skills and abilities required include:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Laws.
- Demonstrated computer skills with capacity to learn and use electronic reporting systems.
- Skills in database and record management.
- Must be well organised, pay attention to detail, and proactive.
- Grade 12 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management or related field with 5 years OHS experience in a mineral processing and or similar industry, OR
- Grade 12 with a National Diploma in Safety Management or related field with 8 years Safety and Health experience in the OHS in mineral processing and or similar industry.
- Certificate (SAMTRAC/SHEBA/NEBOSH or similar) will be an added advantage.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License
Interested persons, who are Namibian Citizens or have Permanent Residence, may apply in confidence by forwarding their CV to:
The HR Assistant – Walvis Bay Salt Holdings (Pty) Ltd at e-mail HR@wbsalt.com
Closing Date: 28 January 2022
– Applicants must be prepared to undergo an extensive selection process.
– The Company reserves the right not to fill this position.
– Only short-listed candidates will be notified, and no documentation will be returned.
– Walvis Bay Salt Holdings (Pty) Ltd is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY employer – Women and Differently Abled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Leave A Comment