Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head: Demand Chain Management will lead the Logistics and Warehousing Team and he/she will be responsible for the planning, organization, management, and implementation of complex operations that are related to all replenishment, outbound logistics and warehousing functions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Commercial awareness and acumen and an entrepreneur’s mindset
- Detailed knowledge of the Namibian market and the key pillars in Demand Chain Management (DCM); logistics / transport, warehousing, replenishment, service delivery and financial performance.
- Proven FMCG track record with broad DCM operations skills in warehousing, route planning, planning and monitoring inbound and outgoing deliveries, management and utilization of the fleet, managing external transporters, contract management, reporting and financial control.
- The ability to think strategically and to lead a large team to deliver strong volume growth in a complex multi brand environment.
- Overseeing the movement, storage, and distribution of goods
- Organizing warehouse, categorizing goods, planning routes, and processing shipments
- Managing and controlling vehicle fleet and all external logistics service providers
- Resolving delivery inconsistencies or delays and tackling any issues or complaints that may arise
- Working in relation to external suppliers, production departments, planning departments, quality control, and sales in the organization
- Playing a key role in sales and operations planning (S&OP), a process where managers continuously align diverse functions in an organization
- Ensuring that shipping documents are well kept, updated, and in compliance
- Examining, identifying, planning and managing special logistics and warehousing processes or operations which involves ensuring that accurate and complete accounting, reporting, and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are accurately maintained.
- Keeping track of the cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeline targets
- Supervising, coaching, and training the DCM workforce
- Developing an environment that fosters open and positive team communication by setting expectations, and communicating the company’s goals or objectives
Qualification and Preferred Traits
- Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Economics, Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a multi brand FMCG Demand Chain Environment
- Valid code B Namibian driver’s license
- MS applications with advanced Excel and SAP skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and convey key messages by phone, email and face-to-face
- Excellent organisational skills
- Personal resilience, with the ability to self-motivate
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail: