To lead NCRST’s corporate communication, marketing and stakeholder engagement strategy. The incumbent will build on our existing communication approach and will lead the delivery and development of the NCRST’s corporate communication and stakeholder engagement strategy, and the co-ordination of the resources required to deliver that strategy, ensuring effectiveness and consistency in building and defending NCRST’s brand and reputation in all aspects of its activities. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and forms part of the Executive Management Committee
- Advise the organisation on the development of an appropriate brand strategy and the preparation of material to enhance the desired brand among stakeholders.
- Develop, update, and review the NCRST’s communication strategies and practices, and makes recommendations.
- Develop policies regarding the organisation’s stakeholder-, and public education activities, reviews these regularly to ensure that they are up to date.
- Assess the areas in which guidelines regarding branding and procedures need to be set, formulates such guidelines and advises colleagues and subordinates accordingly
- Co-ordinate the development of a stakeholder charter regarding responses and turnaround times.
- Implement Communication & Stakeholder engagement strategies
- Advise the organisation on all steps required in corporate communications to ensure attainment of strategic objectives.
- Ensure the maintenance of the NCRST website and social media and ensures that the information is updated regularly
- Develop all organisational collateral material.
- Co-ordination of national and international stakeholder engagements
- Liaise and network with relevant stakeholders such as media, and others to promote the core function of the organization.
- Co-ordinate the establishment of relevant partnerships.
- Assist staff in performance agreements.
- Review performance of staff, provide positive feedback and guide rectifying behaviour as necessary.
- Assist each staff member in compiling a Personal Development Plan [PDP] and ensure on the job coaching or other appropriate training interventions.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- B. Degree (NQF Level 7) in Public Relations or Communications.
- Seven (7) years relevant working experience in Public Relations, Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement, of which three (3) years should have been at a supervisory level.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Sound working knowledge of the effective functioning of Corporate Communication and Stakeholder Relations at a strategic and operational level.
- Advanced computer skills with proficient working experience of the MS Office package.
- Must be highly passionate, committed, ethical and highly efficient and reliable.
- Sound interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- High level of integrity, numerical and a meticulous eye for detail.
- Ability to work individually, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must have an exceptional level of stakeholder engagement, good networking skills and great attention to detail.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong leadership capabilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a five years contract appointment, renewable with performance agreement.
- NCRST is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, with certified supporting documents can be submitted as follows:
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
– Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.
– Previously disadvantaged candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.