PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Group Financial Manager is responsible for the financial well-being of the Namib Mills Investment Group. Develop strategies and plans for the Group’s long-term financial objectives, produce financial reports and direct investment activities.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and review financial statements, business activity reports and financial forecasts.
- Manage employees who are responsible for financial reporting and budgeting.
- Provide leadership, direction, management and accountability of the finance and accounting team
- Periodically review the Group’s financial reports and identify opportunities for cost reduction
- Analyse data and advise Senior Management on how to maximise profits.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
- Analyse market trends and identify opportunities for growth/expansion.
- Oversee the Group’s investments.
- Oversee operations in the Finance Department to set goals and objectives throughout the year to ensure the Group’s goals are met.
- Development of financial models for the Group.
- Ensure the Group meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Ensuring the Group has the optimal funding structure tailored to the business requirements.
- Working capital management of the Group.
- Identify innovative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations and manage the development and implementation thereof
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) with registration with Institute of Chartered Accountants in Namibia (ICAN) or other relevant CA body or a CIMA qualification.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a management role within the finance field.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead a team of 15 or more.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with people with and without financial/accounting backgrounds.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the industry’s regulations and best practices.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- Personal integrity: ability to keep client and company confidences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel.
- Namibian citizen or eligible to apply for Namibian citizenship.
- Fluent in English.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Namib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers in return a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related..
CVs with relevant supporting documents can be forwarded to: email@example.com (not larger than 2MB).
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted