The incumbent forms part of the Executive leadership of the Group, reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is directly responsible to efficiently perform the oversight function of the fleet, production, facility and quality departments.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Coordinate, Monitor and oversee day-to-day the production, fleet and quality departments
- Track the spending, inventory of the various departments reporting under this office.
- Ensures that quality controls and equipment maintenance programs are enforced.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to develop the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit’s employees.
- Evaluate the respective managers performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed.
- Prepare and control operational budget.
- Manage all kinds of operational projects.
- Development of new products and Improve efficiency
- Propose requirements of plant and equipment modifications to improve the overall efficiency of the operation
- Manage frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and react well under pressure
- Provide leadership and employee development through coaching/mentoring and motivation of subordinates and supervising in alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Manage production activities with fleet, procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilisation of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Ensure standards, systems, procedures and policies ensuring product quality standards are maintained and improved accordingly.
- Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Liaise with department heads to ensure coordination of production activities accordingly.
To be successful in this role, you will generally need the following skills and qualities:
- A Degree in Operations Management/Business Administration/Cost Accounting/Industrial Engineering or related field is desired
- A Master’s Degree/Fisheries/Food Safety or Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Namibian Fishing and/ or Manufacturing environment of which 5 years are at management level.
- Strategic planning skills: to ensure the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan for the business unit.
- Financial planning skills: responsible for looking at the future of the business and making key investments and investment recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills: must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Leadership skills: responsible for leading the respective divisions under this office.
- Ability to look beyond the data and pick up on trends and patterns that can lead to better, more successful logistics and cold-store efforts.
- Project Management and Conflict Management.
- Experienced in developing and implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Planning and provide input into strategic decisions.
- Executive reporting experience to work with the Senior Management on business goals and plan for short and medium-term goals.
- Build alliances with other institutions.
- Technically Savvy: Ability to understand and analyse data through technology
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Flexible schedule.
All applicants meeting the minimum requirement should be accompanied by:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copy of all relevant qualifications (which must include Grade 12, Undergraduate Degree and Masters), ID, certificate of good conduct and for foreign qualifications NQA qualifications assessment.
- Application not meeting the above requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only electronic documents received via the below email will be considered.