PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE GENERAL MANAGER FINANCE POSITION IS TO:
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance team and accounting team.
- This role is responsible for delivery of the financial accounting/control function in the organisation through other managers and their teams.
- Carries overall responsibility for the preparation and quality of financial accounts and maintenance of financial records.
- The General Manager: Finance must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- The goal is to protect the FISHCOR Group’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Carries overall responsibility for the preparation and quality of financial accounts.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organisation by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Plan, develop, organise, implement, direct and evaluate the organisation’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner. Contributes to and implements financial strategy.
- Responsible for the financial accounting/control function in the business unit through other managers and their teams.
- Control and evaluate the organisation’s capital structure.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation’s operations and effectively manage working capital.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends and forecasts in order to assist the Board and senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Analyses financial records such as income trends
- Assists in deciding on the financial and business viability of new and existing projects and programmes.
- Reports to the CEO and EXCO on the monthly financial resources development and deviations thereof.
- Plans and prepares budgets and assist with documents such as the annual report, according to organisational goals.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, yearly budgets (in collaborations with the departmental managers), consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Present the annual budget to the Board of Director.
- Ensures tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors
- Ensure compliance with all these applicable laws, company policies and the FISHCOR’s Act.
- Develops contracts and specialists under supervision.
- Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter.
- Drives operational excellence through areas of supervision.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Holds first line supervisors accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management.
- Manages and leads a team of accountants and accounting specialists to deliver superior results.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Be a Namibian citizen.
- Hons B Degree in Financial Management or Accounting (CTA), preferably a Chartered Accountant with 9 years’ professional experience in management position of which 5 years be at an executive/senior level in a commercial business.
- Computer-literate (experience on SAP is a definite advantage), proficient in MS Excel and MS Word as well as MS Outlook.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- The ability to work independently
- Sober habits, reliable and trustworthy, good health.
- Code 08 drivers’ license.
- Experience in fisheries management will be added advantage.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Good Negotiation and marketing skills.
- Good judgment.
- Business Development and strategic skills
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong in managing complex internal and external stakeholders engagement.
All applicants meeting the minimum requirement should be accompanied by:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copy of all relevant qualifications (which must include Grade 12, Undergraduate Degree and Masters), ID, certificate of good conduct and for foreign qualifications NQA qualifications assessment.
- Application not meeting the above requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only electronic documents received via the below email will be considered.
Leave A Comment