An exciting opportunity exists for FTC Surveyor in the Mining department, reporting to the Senior Surveyor. The primary purpose of this role is to provide surveying, CAD, and GIS services to the mining department in a safe and cost-effective manner and in accordance with RUL standards instructions, policies, and procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensuring compliance of Survey Operators and contractors in the field as per HSE standards.
- Investigating and following up on safety and environmental non-conformances and recommending corrective actions.
- Performing high-level surveys calculates volumes or tonnages.
- Reviewing and checking for accuracy of all survey work performed by Survey Operators, monitoring compliance to quality control measures, and assisting where required.
- Performing month-end surveys and updating monthly Pit Model for planning purposes.
- Coordinating and ensuring that all controls are in place for accurate drone surveying.
- Ensuring that drone surveying requests from stakeholders are being done on time and performing QAQC checks on drone data prior to distribution to customers.
- Ensuring accurate installation and maintaining in-field slope monitoring equipment as planned.
- Generating 3D models.
- Presenting spatial data to an acceptable professional standard to the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating all drafting functions (Drill and Blast plans, Four-month forecast, Reconciliation Plans, Statutory Mine Plans, and Pit Plans).
- Overseeing Survey drafting functions and ensuring that statutory plans are produced and submitted to relevant authorities.
- Providing inputs to Annual Inspector of Mines (IOM) plans submission.
- Ensuring that operating conditions minimize consumable costs where possible.
- Recommending improvements to processes and discussing these with others involved in the process.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 certificate with 20 points with a recognized National Diploma in Mine Surveying/Land Surveying/Geomatics on NQF level 6 OR Advance Certificate in Mine Surveying.
- For a candidate with a Land Surveying qualification, the Advance Certificate in Mine Surveying will be preferred.
- A B.Tech/B.Sc Degree in Mine Surveying/Geomatics will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years of surveying experience in a mining environment and must include at least two (2) years of working knowledge and know-how of advanced survey software (AutoCAD, Surfmate, Trimble Business Centre, Surpac, Microsoft Office, Ri-Mining, Macro Survey Cad, Model Maker).
- A valid Code B driver’s Licence.
- Attention to detail.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Time management.
- GPS systems, electronic instruments, slope monitoring systems, and Drones.
Closing Date: 04 November 2022
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: