Vacancies exist for Protection Officers on a 12-month fixed term contract (FTC) in the HSE & Protection Services department. Reporting to the Protection Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for security operational duties as well as the overall protection of company assets, the execution of administrative tasks related to security management. The role also deals with the monitoring of people behavioural patterns that could pose any potential security risk.
Key performance areas
- Controlling access and exit of employees, contractors, visitors, goods and services on and off site
- Guarding of mine assets and people
- Performing Security surveillance.
- Administration and equipment maintenance.
- Providing emergency support and assisting with fire equipment maintenance
- Providing operational assistance by assisting and responding to fire prevention and emergency situations mine wide.
- Performing Security duties at Final Product Recovery area.
- Grade 12 Certificate, 20 points with an Esymbol in English.
- Basic Life Support Paramedic certificate (Polytechnic / Windhoek Fire DepartmentNamibia / Metro Ambulance College – RSA or Intermediate Life Support certificate; OR
- Municipality Fire certificate/ South African Fire Services Institute Preliminary certificate / Airport Fire certificate; OR
- Police Training certificate.
- Pass a medical and physical fitness test.
- Three years’ relevant experience in security / surveillance monitoring in a mining / industrial / medical / fire prevention environment.
- A valid code C / C1 / C1E / CE drivers licence.
- Computer literate
- Communication (Oral, reading, writing).
- Assertiveness (Diplomacy & Tact).
- Analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Decision-making (Medical and other cases).
- Physical Fitness (Medical and physical tests).
Closing Date: 04 March 2022
-Preference is given to candidates from designated groups in line with Company policy on employment equity.