A vacancy exists for Accountant: Cost and Production on a 12-month fixed term contract (FTC) in the Finance department. Reporting to the Specialist Management Accounting, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination, consolidations, and analysis of business results for the plans and forecasts as well as monthly actual results for the purpose of reporting to the senior management team. In addition, he/she participates in various Finance Projects and adhoc analysis as required by senior management.
Key Performance Areas:
- Adhering to all Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policies and procedures;
- Working constructively with other functions or departments;
- Developing effective plans (budgeting forecasting), ensuring that plans and forecasts are done on time and in accordance with CNUC guidelines and latest value plans and are completed and accurate;
- Maintaining the integrity of financial information to ensure the integrity of the co-modules, has a direct impact on the integrity of cost information available to the users, and work with CNUC to ensure that all general ledger accounts are appropriately maintained;
- Ensuring the standards and timeliness of reporting requirements to ensure that area management accounts are submitted on time to avoid delays to the month-end process and reporting to CNUC;
- Monitoring and analysing operating/financial performance to provide critical analysis of variances against plan and forecast on a monthly, quarterly, half-year, and annual basis in order to identify opportunities to increase business value. Sufficiently understand the business unit’s operating processes, metal inventory flows, revenue streams, and cost flows;
- Completing projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned by the Specialist Management Accounting;
- Initiating cost-saving ideas aimed at reducing overall area, and mine costs ;
- Effective tracking and reporting of overtime within the section.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 certificate with a recognized B. Com Degree in Accounting NQF Level 7/8; OR
- A National Diploma in Accounting NQF Level 6;
- For a candidate with a bachelor’s degree – A minimum of five (5) years post qualification working experience in a costing environment is essential. Working in a Mining environment is desirable;
- For a candidate with a National Diploma – A minimum of seven (7) years post qualification working experience in a costing environment is essential. Working in a Mining environment is desirable;
- CIMA will be advantageous;
- A valid Code B driver’s Licence.
- Achieving Zero Harm Culture;
- Knowledge of SAP;
- Advanced spreadsheet skills;
- Advanced report writing skills;
- Advanced presentation skills.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail:
Closing Date: 22 July 2022
Preference is given to candidates from designated groups in line with Company policy on employment equity.