Job Title: Forestry Coordinator, Zambezi Region
Job Grading: C4
Location: Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Reports to: Head of Projects
A. Overall Objective
The Forestry Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing activities under the for the Zambezi State Forest Reserve support project.
He/she will work closely with the members of the community Forests and Conservancies that border the ZSFR and Directorate of Forestry in the Zambezi Region. This a fixed term position for 18 months with a possibility to extend subject to the availability of funds.
C. Qualifications and Experience
This position requires:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Diploma in Natural Resource Management or Wildlife Management or related fields;
• A minimum of 3 years experience
• Project management experience;
• Experience working with local communities and ministry officials, community forestry experience will be a distinct advantage
D. Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Demonstrable organisational / administration and reporting skills (English);
• Good verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills;
• Must have strong initiative and ability to work independently;
• Ability to implement and manage projects according to the required outputs;
• Knowledge of forestry legislation and forestry related issues;
• Knowledge of Namibia indigenous languages preferably from the Zambezi region;
• Code 8 driver licence and to operate a 4×4 vehicle.
Your application must be addressed to the appropriate person and submitted no later than 17:00 on Monday the 17th of January 2022.
submit to firstname.lastname@example.org – you must title your email in the subject line – Forestry Coordinator 2022
Your application should consist of a motivation letter of no more than 2 pages outlining why you are the person for the job and also contain a concise CV.
Other documents may be requested at the shortlisting stage.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For candidate dropping their applications physically, ensure that you have placed your application documents into the right application box at the NNF Head Office in Windhoek.
Please note that physical applications will only be received in normal working hours from 10th of January 2022 up to the 17th of January 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY INVALIDATE YOUR APPLICATION
Queries to Jessica Nowotes HR & Admin Manager Jessica@nnf.org.na
Check Here for Duties & Responsibilities
Leave A Comment