Develop, implement, and continuously refine the fraud risk management framework and supporting approaches to enable, the proper investigation of all white-collar crime non-compliance with relevant legislation and transgressions of specific codes of conduct perpetrated in and against group, and to ensure that the continuous risk thereof is mitigated by providing input to internal risk mitigation environments.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS::
- To Specifically identify risks and fraud exposures and preventing of losses through early detection and prevention of fraud.
- Conducting surveillance-based investigations outside of normal working hours.
- Exposing breakdowns or weaknesses in, and the proposing of enhancements to, controls that pose risk to MMN or any of its subsidiaries.
- Liaising with Industry partners in the Forensic fraternity.
- To Participate in the Investigation of all other criminal acts which are committed against MMN or any of its subsidiaries.
- Institution of disciplinary and criminal procedures, including presentation of detailed supportive evidential matter.
- Presenting of evidence on behalf of the company, during criminal, civil and disciplinary proceedings.
- Establishing and maintaining good relations with government agencies e.g criminal justice systems, SAP etc.
- Capturing data on the case management system and updating according to progress.
- Deciding on specific equipment/technology/methodology/other role players to use to obtain, secure and analyse data and evidence.
- Apply equipment/technology/methodology and interact with other role players to secure and obtain data.
- Analyse data and evaluate related data or conduct as to set the course of action to finalise an investigation.
- Wind up case details on case management system and for storage
- Deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements to interested parties.
- Prepare reports to finalise cases where a specific outcome is obvious.
- Provide recommendations based on fact to finalise a case or reach an outcome by consulting the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations/presentation to prevent reoccurrence.
- Cost and expense management.
Collaboration with clients
- Effective and consistent service delivery and support to all internal and external clients.
- Developing and maintaining trustworthy relationships with clients.
- Must travel as required for purposes to effectively discharge responsibilities Performance and Development
- Matric, Grade 12 or NQF equivalent qualification.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification i.e. diploma in Forensic investigations, degree (Law / Commerce / Criminal Justice) Qualified Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) will be advantageous.
- Interacting with People
- Leadership Aptitude
- Following Procedures
- Showing Composure
- Meeting Timescales
- At least 5 years’ experience in commercial crime investigation with 3+ years’ experience in the financial services sector at middle management level.
- Have a successful track record of investigations and convictions within the Insurance industry.
- Experience in, knowledge of, and a concise understanding of, a Financial Services company’s exposure to Fraud/Commercial Crime.
- Financial services industry experience with specific reference to the financial services industry will add value to any application.
- Sound knowledge of risk-based forensic investigation methodologies and fraud risk control assessment skills.
Leave A Comment