Financial Controller D – IRC214509
at Feld & Thorer St, Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia in FNB Namibia Insurance Brokers
Ends 23 Feb 2022
- Will always honour our commitments, be truthful in what we say and do, uphold high ethical and moral standards and be fair and equitable in all our dealings.
- In our owner manager culture we accept that we are the masters of our own destiny and therefore we will always take full responsibility and accountability for all our decisions and actions and never leave anything unfinished.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- We believe in and enjoy what we are doing and therefore we energetically and willingly nurture caring relationships with all our stakeholders in our exciting journey of uncompromisingly achieving our objectives.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you. Preference shall be given to suitably qualified applicants from the designated groups as defined in the Affirmative Action Act, 29 of 1998.
Provide support to finance team by compiling and sorting documentation and manage the allocation and quality of work within the area of responsibility. Perform daily reconciliations and reconcile discrepancies to minimize losses. Monitors accounts payable to ensure that all payments are up to date. Produce accurate and complete business reports on a monthly basis.
experience and qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting.
- 3 or more years related experience.
Closing Date: 23 February 2022 Attach relevant documents (CV, Qualifications), without it your application will not be considered Applicants will be subject to ITC and reference checks Ensure documents are in PDF format when uploading Location: Windhoek
- Budget analysis, forecast and preparation of budget.
- Manage own and team costs and expenses associated with role enhance cost effectiveness.
- Attends to queries received from staff as well as suppliers or discrepancies on accounts and rectify.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements.
- Manage losses incurred and maintenance of process around recovery thereof.
- Manage account reconciliation of maintain bank accounts.
- Checks and controls daily transactions on the General Ledger to control finances.
- Reconciles Business Unit’s accounts and indicate monthly breakdown.
- Receipt, processing and reconciliation of all invoices.
- Forwards invoices for authorisation and signature.
- Performs payments to suppliers.
- Receives business card vouchers from Managers regarding monthly business expenses and prepare reconciliation.
- Delivery of timeous, relevant and reliable financial management information for decision making.