An external sales representative conducts sales out in the field via face-to-face interactions with both new and existing customers. Responsible for offering the best possible customer experience and providing a vast product offering with technical expertise. Responsible for external sales in a specific area.
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills and communication skills in order to interact effectively with customers (especially to influence negotiations) and to develop cooperative relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- An emotionally resilient individual with well-developed conflict handling skills to withstand the pressure of work and to interact with sensitivity in conflict situations
- Basic metrology (use of a vernier-caliper, reading of technical drawing and basic measurement of components, understanding, and application of conversion charts)
- Basic understanding of finance
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Understanding of marketing and strategy formalization
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Always willing to help others and work well in a team
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Good timekeeping and Day/Weekly planning
- Sales skills and understanding of building a pipe (Sales and persuasion skills)
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Must ensure sales targets are achieved as specified by branch/regional sales manager.
- Travel in the sales territory to meet prospects and customers
- Expanding the full product offering to current customers
- Sell the company’s products or services to customers within your given territory.
- Applicant should have Grade 12 or have the equivalent of National Certificate NQF Level 5.
- Must have a strong background in product knowledge – bearings, power transmission, and allied products industry.
- At least 3-5 years or more industry-related sales experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle and cell phone as per companies’ guideline
- Skilled in oral and written communication. Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, ratios, and percentages) to draw up quotations
- Computer skills to optimize the efficiency of processes within the unit. Experience on Sage or a similar ERP system would be advantageous
- Previous experience with CRM will be advantages
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail: