PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To strategically manage the engineering & technical service functions (i.e., civil, mechanical and electrical engineering) of the Company to ensure that such functions efficiently and effectively contribute towards the achievement of the overall objectives and profitability of the Company.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Resources Management
- Engineering Services
- Engineering Quality Management
- Engineering Project Management
- Administrative Functions
- Bachelors of Science or Honors Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering and registration as a Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of Namibia.
- Eight (8) years` experience in engineering maintenance and refurbishment and/or transport/logistics environment at senior management level of which three (3) years should have been spend at senior management level.
- Broad-based knowledge and understanding of Mechanical/ Civil Engineering functions and related Legislation, regulations and standards Engineering planning, productivity measures asset management systems, models and Occupational Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Strategic planning, project management skills, negotiation skills, excellent communication skills, (verbal & written) versatility, visionary leadership skills, Project management, performance management, change management, analytical and problem-solving skills, innovative, conflict resolutions, financial management and budgeting.
Closing Date: 25 February 2022
– Applicants in “Designated Groups” especially women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
– NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
– NB: The incumbent to this position will be appointed on a contractual basis for a period of five years and will be subjected to a performance agreement.