PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: :
To assist the General Manager, develop and innovate culinary brands and cuisine concepts, drive excellence in food production, enhance skills of the entire kitchen brigade at the Strand Hotel Swakopmund and set the highest standards in quality and hygiene. The role will also define benchmark kitchen operational efficiencies and implement systems to attain the desired financial performance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Culinary Brands and concepts development
- Day to day management of the Kitchen operations
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality, minimize food cost and exercise portion control for all items served.
- Food financial/procurement management of the Kitchens
- Prepare necessary data applicable parts of the budget projects annual food labour and monitors actual results
- Effectively manages Cost of Sales of all outlets and apply any corrections to ensure that financial goals are met
- Ensure guest satisfaction through continually driving excellence in preparation and presentation of dishes
- In Conjunction with Food & Beverage Department management, assist in in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Plans and solves challenges and makes decision that impacts the final products
- Ensure Brand and quality standards are met
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Provide training, coaching, and professional development opportunities to all Food & Beverage division employees
- Drive Health and Safety and all HCCAP standards in all kitchen’s areas
- Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Develop standard operating procedures to enhance and measure quality
Requirements and experience:
- Internationally accredited specialized chef training.
- 10+ years in 4* and 5* commercial kitchen environments, with at least the last two years at Executive Sous chef level or higher
- Experience at running multiple outlet operations
- International experience (Africa, Asia & Europe)
- Strong Pastry Skills an added advantage
- HAACP experience and/or accreditation
- Computer Literacy: MS Office, MICROS, Materials Control