The successful candidate will contribute to ensuring the provision of quality HIV and TB-HIV services at the ART healthcare facilities.
Key Focus Areas:
- Provide high quality HIV clinical care services to HIV patients according to the MoHSS national guidelines.
- Initiate HIV treatment as per MoHSS national test and treat ART guidelines.
- Provide nursing care and support services to inpatients as well as outpatients presenting for HIV treatment, care and support services.
- Request appropriate laboratory and clinical investigations, interpret results and provide medical care accordingly.
- Support the integration of TB/HIV, Sexual and Reproductive Health activities including family planning, STI treatment, and management of noncommunicable diseases for patients with HIV.
- Maintain medical records and files in a thorough and professional manner.
- Provide positive health, dignity, and prevention (PHDP) including STI, PAP smear, disclosure, and adherence support services
- Screen patients of OI’s and other co-morbidities (TB, meningitis etc.) and prescribe appropriate medications.
- Conduct alcohol and nutrition screening and refer when indicated.
- Provide Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), and PrEP to eligible clients as per national guidelines.
- Refer patients in an appropriate manner to Medical Officers, Counsellors, Social Workers, or other care and support services in the health system.
- Provide patient education on HIV, including nutrition, prevention, and prompt treatment of opportunistic diseases, adherence to ART, and prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in collaboration with other staff of the clinic.
- Evaluate patients for medicines side effects and adherence at each follow-up visit.
- Support NIMART, OI’s, ART, and other HIV related trainings as well as participation on platforms such as Project ECHO and Digital Video Conferencing (DVC).
- Work closely with clinical counterparts.
- Participate in routine (at least monthly) Multi-Disciplinary Team clinical meetings and in quality improvement initiatives, including but not limited to HIVQUAL/NamPROPA/NamLIVE to ensure the highest quality of HIV care at the facility
- Support the implementation of differentiated care models at the facility.
- Collaborate with community partners in establishing patient adherence groups through determining eligibility of such groups and monitoring their outcomes.
- Participate in data review meetings and support the clinic to utilise the data for action.
- Provide HIV related on-site training as needed.
- Participate in relevant operational research activities.
- Consult with the Registered Nurse, Nurse Mentor or Clinical Mentor on management of more complex cases as needed, including patients failing treatment
- Respond and adhere to any lawful and reasonable instructions by reporting line.
- Enrolled Nurse/Midwife Certificate.
- Registered with the relevant Health Professions Council of Namibia and have a valid practicing card.
- Experience in the management of HIV.
- HIV Counselling and testing skills will be advantageous.
- Any additional qualifications will be advantageous.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and create a conducive atmosphere for patients, relatives, and colleagues.
- Only Namibian citizens will be considered.
Closing Date: 11 April 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
– Only electronic applications and CVs submitted via the Potentia website will be accepted. All suitably qualified Namibians are encouraged to apply. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date. Please note that our partner reserves the right to only employ individuals who fall within their retirement age guidelines and policies. Our client also reserves the right not to make any employment offer or appointment.